I am such a huge fan of this Vegetarian Mexican Salad Recipe! With a vegetarian in the house, it can be tough to find meals that everyone really enjoys. This one, though, it is a true winner for everyone!
Vegetarian Mexican Salad Bowl Recipe
The quest for vegetarian meals that Em will like continues. I think I’ve found a winner with this vegetarian Mexican salad bowl recipe. The best part? This is a no-cook, no-bake recipe so when it’s hot and muggy outside you don’t have to bother with turning on the stove or the oven. These Mexican Salad Bowls are completely customizable to meet individual tastes too, and that’s a huge bonus in our house.
To make the tortilla bowl find a microwave safe bowl and turn it upside down. Place a 12″ tortilla shell over it and place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Remove from microwave and let it cool completely. The shell should hold the bowl shape and be slightly crispy. If it doesn’t hold the shape microwave for another 1 minute.
If you want to get fancy, you can grab some of these tortilla bowl makers and bake them. They turn out crispier this way, but it does mean turning on the oven.
The next part requires opening some cans and mixing together a few ingredients. I tossed together some diced Red Gold tomatoes, some canned corn, and a diced avocado in a medium sized bowl.
Last step, layer up the Mexcian Salad Bowl. Spread some refried beans on the bottom, add a layer of sour cream, top with black beans, spoon on some of the tomato mixture and then finish with cheese. That’s it! Eat with a fork or with tortilla chips.
I made Em’s bowl without the beans so she basically had salsa and cheese in her bowl. Everyone was happy.
- 4-12" tortilla shells
- ½ cup refried beans
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup black beans
- ½ cup corn
- 1 can Red Gold diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 4-8 ounces shredded cheese
- Invert a small to medium sized bowl and place a tortilla shell over it. Place it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. The shell should hold its shape and be slightly crisp. If it isn't cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl combine corn, tomatoes, and avocado. Toss together.
- Assemble the Mexican Salad Bowls. Refried beans, sour cream, black beans, tomato mixture, cheese.
- Eat with a fork or serve with tortilla chips.
Making this easy Mexican Salad Recipe is going to totally change your meal plan routine. Almost all of the ingredients are on hand in your pantry at all times. That means for a last minute meal ready in minutes, this can be a go-to option. Add black beans, refried beans, pinto beans, or even grilled chicken to the mix if you aren’t vegetarian. The possibilities are endless!
More Vegetarian Dishes:
- Tomato Basil Mozzarella Pesto Sandwich
- Quinoa Stuffed Peppers with Roth Cheese
- Vegan Meatball Sandwich Recipe
- Black Bean Burrito Recipe