As much as I enjoy cooking it doesn’t mean I want to spend all day and night in the kitchen. I like finding ways to create delicious recipes that only take a handful of ingredients. Of course, a bit of incentive always helps. Simply Potatoes and Food.com have teamed up to host a 5-ingredient recipe contest that has a grand prize of $3,000! Woo Hoo…that is enough to get me motivated to create a 5-ingredient recipe.
I decided to make a southwestern egg bake using 5 ingredients. It turned out way more tasty than even I expected. Easy to make and delicious! What more could I ask for?
Using Southwest Style Hash Brown made this recipe even easier. I don’t know about you, but I’m not a fan of peeling and shredding potatoes. Simply Potatoes are fresh (never frozen or dehydrated) so I find it a very acceptable shortcut item.
Southwestern Egg Bake Recipe Ingredients
3 cups Southwest Style Hash Browns, divided
3/4 cup salsa
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup water
Avocado and sour cream for garnish, if desired.
Southwestern Egg Bake Recipe Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray small casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Place 1 1/2 cups of hash browns in the bottom of the casserole dish. Spread with salsa and top with remaining hash browns. Sprinkle cheese over top.
3. Mix eggs and water together. Pour over potatoes.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until egg is set.
5. Top with salsa, avocado, and sour cream if desired.
For rules on how to enter the Sweepstakes click here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Simply Potatoes. The opinions and text are all mine.