I’ve been buying bananas and they turn brown before we have a chance to eat them all. When they turn brown I toss them in the freezer and promptly forget about them. Alan mentioned that we really needed to do something with all the bananas in the freezer so I started coming up with some ideas. I love peanut butter and banana together so I figured they would taste great in a muffin.Â Add some oatmeal and you have all the ingredients for a Â hearty breakfast muffin. These are great for the kiddos on those rushed mornings when you wonder how you’re going to get it all done.
- 1 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk (I used lactose free milk and it worked just fine)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prep muffin pan by placing liners in pan.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mash the bananas and then mix in the peanut butter and egg. Then mix in the brown sugar, vanilla and milk and stir until combined.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Batter will be thin.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full with batter and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.