This post and its photos may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Y’all are going to want to grab some tiki mugs to make this epic Christmas cocktail. Thanks to our friends over at Hipstirs Craft Cocktail Syrups, we were able to easily give this cocktail a pumpkin pie flavor.
If. you’re on the hunt for delicious cocktail simple syrups be sure to check out the options at Hipstirs. We were not disappointed.
Luckily for me, I have very creative adult kids who ran with the opportunity to create some tasty cocktails with hipstirs. I can’t wait to try this Stay Puft Before Christmas Cocktail recipe.
The Stay Puft Before Christmas Cocktail
Recipe by Dylan Thompson
Photos by Emma Thompson
Christmas Cocktail Ingredients
1.5 oz Graham Cracker Appleton Signature
1.5 oz Plantation OFTD
1 oz Hipstirs Pumpkin Pie Syrup
.5 oz Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
.5 oz Apple Cider
1/4 0z Allspice Dram
3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
Graham Cracker Infused Rum
350 ml Appleton Signature
1 sleeve of Graham Crackers, crushed
Christmas Cocktail Directions
Graham Cracker Rum
- To make the graham cracker rum combine your crushed crackers with the 350ml rum in an airtight container. Leave in a cool dark place for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, making sure to gently press the cracker mush with a spoon or spatula. From there allow the infused liquid to drip through a coffee filter to get out any remaining impurities. This step will take a while but be patient, drink the other half of the Appleton or something.
- Add all ingredients to your shaker, fill about half way with ice, slap that top on, and shake until your shaker is cold to the touch…about 30 seconds.
- Double strain into your favorite tiki glass filled to the brim with crushed ice…or whatever drinking vessel is nearest you. It’s the holidays, I’m not here to judge you, that’s for your families.
- This step is a total mess, completely unnecessary, and so much fun. But From here you can pile the marshmallow fluff on top of your glass and lightly torch it with a food grade Butane torch. Alternatively you could just use a can of whipped cream. DON’T torch that!
As with most things this drink was born of a crazy idea that we tried to make into reality and like all recipes it is still an ever changing work in progress.
I am very happy with where this drink as is but, if we’re being honest, it could still use some tweaking. Don’t let the fact that you found this recipe written in proverbial stone (read on a blog) trick you into thinking its a flawless 100% complete masterpiece.
After trying it yourself the first time, the right way, not the “well, I didn’t have rum so I subbed yogurt 0/10 would not recommend” way, I implore you to play around with it yourself, see if you can’t improve upon it.