Every year we used to have a big family gathering at Aunt Ruth’s house. It was a great time to get together with our extended family and catch up with everyone. Each family brought a dish to pass, but the most anticipated dish of the day was Aunt Ruth’s famous no-bake cherry dessert. Seriously, I’m salivating just thinking about it! We could hardly wait for Aunt Ruth to pull this out of the fridge and start serving it.
Sadly, we haven’t had a family get together in quite a few years. However, Aunt Ruth kindly shared her recipe with me and now I make the dessert for special occasions and the family always is excited to see it make an appearance 😉
I’m sharing the recipe here because Aunt Ruth’s Famous No-Bake Cherry Dessert recipe should be shared far and wide so that everyone can enjoy this perfectly delightful dessert.
If you aren’t a fan of cherries you could replace the cherries with strawberries or blueberries and it will still be perfect!
Aunt Ruth’s Famous No Bake Cherry Dessert Recipe
Aunt Ruth’s Famous No Bake Cherry Dessert Ingredients
For the crust:
- 28-30 squares of graham crackers, crushed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar, either powdered or regular
For the pie:
- 2 cups cool whip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 30 ounces of cherry or fruit of your choice pie filling
Aunt Ruth’s Famous No Bake Cherry Dessert Instructions
- Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar together. Press in 9×13 pan.
- Mix cool whip, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together with mixer unti light and creamy. Spread over graham cracker crust.
- Spread pie filling over the top. Chill well, overnight or all day.
Pin Aunt Ruth’s Famous Cherry Dessert to Pinterest