This post and its photos may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
This Loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin recipe takes the classic comfort of potatoes au gratin and gives it a low-carb twist.
With cauliflower as the star, this dish delivers a satisfying combination of flavors.
This recipe is mostly cooked on the stove top, but you’ll need to pop it in the oven for a few to brown up the top and melt the cheese. Easy, peasy though.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin Ingredients
4 c. cauliflower florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
6 oz. cream cheese, cut into chunks
¼ c. heavy cream
3 T. unsalted butter, softened
¼ t. garlic powder
½ t. dried dill
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1½ c. Italian cheese blend, shredded
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumb
1 T. fresh chives, chopped
Loaded Cauliflower Au Gratin Directions
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the cauliflower in a steamer basket on top of a pot with boiling water and steam until fork-tender, around 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer cauliflower into a cold water bath to prevent further cooking. Drain well and pat dry.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a large bowl and add cream cheese, heavy cream, butter, garlic powder, and dried dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Transfer to oven-safe casserole dish and top with shredded cheese blend and crumbled bacon. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until cheese is melted and nicely browned on top, around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately topped with fresh chives. Enjoy!