Continuing on my lemon kick I came across a lemon coconut cake mix cookies recipe that used cake mix as the base.
I find so many great recipes on pinterest, but when they look too easy I worry they might be a big fat failure.
It has happened a few times recently where I mixed up a recipe and it was a disaster. I really need to start blogging my pinterest fails, if I only had more time.
Luckily this lemon coconut cake mix cookies recipe was a success. Of course, I altered the recipe to have more lemon flavor and I thought coconut would be a perfect complement.
These cookies only require a couple of ingredients (I ended up not using the powdered sugar that is pictured here).
After mixing up the cookie batter I took a heaping teaspoon of the batter and formed it into a ball. Then I rolled the dough balls in coconut.
I placed the cookies on a foil lined sheet and baked at 375 for about 10 minutes.
Unfortunately, I placed the cookies too close together on the cookie sheet before baking and they kinda merged together.
I let the cookies cool for a while and I was able to separate most of them.
For fun I used a cookie cutter on the rest to create star cookies.
Cake Mix Cookies Ingredients
- 1 (18.25 oz) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Cake Mix Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine lemon cake mix, eggs, oil, and lemon extract. Mix until combined.
- Take a heaping teaspoon of dough and form into a ball. Roll the ball in the coconut and place on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until done.
Alan and the kids loved these cookies. Hope you enjoy them as well.
Check Out These Other Cookie Recipes: