All the deliciousness in one skillet and only 5 ingredients with this turkey and sweet potato skillet recipe. How great is that? I love recipes that only take a few ingredients and can all be made in one pan.
This is perfect for those nights when things are just crazy and you need a quick and easy meal. I have more dinner ideas on the Weight Watchers turkey recipes page.
Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet Weight Watchers Points
As it’s written this turkey and sweet potato skillet recipe is 10 Weight Watchers points per serving.
However, if you’d like to reduce the points you could do the following:
- Use 9 ounces of Jimmy Dean fully cooked turkey sausage in place of the 1 lb. bulk turkey sausage
- Use 16 ounces of frozen broccoli florets 12-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
With these adjustments, the turkey and sweet potato skillet is only 6 Weight Watchers points per serving.
5-Ingredient Turkey and Sweet Potato Skillet
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. bulk turkey sausage
1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
1 12-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
¾ c. fat-free Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey sausage and season with salt and black pepper, if desired. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is slightly browned and no longer pink, around 6-8 minutes. While cooking, break up the sausage into small chunks with a spatula.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the skillet and continue cooking until they become soft and slightly crisp around the edges, approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine. Cover and allow the broccoli to steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella on top. Cover for another 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Pin this Skillet to Pinterest