Here’s another great strawberry recipe. In case you can’t tell I absolutely love strawberries and enjoy finding new ways to serve them. This one takes a bit of extra planning. You’ll need to make up the lemon curd the day before serving.
INGREDIENTS (serves 8)
2 pounds of organic strawberries, chopped
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 can coconut milk (full fat)
DIRECTIONS (to be made a day in advance)
- Combine maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest in the top part of a double broiler and place over direct heat. Heat, stirring until mixed well.
- Beat eggs with a fork.
- Add eggs to the lemon mixture and return to top of double broiler.
- Place over simmering water and cook until thickened.
- Cool on the countertop before placing in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Also, place a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the coconut fat. Pour the liquid into a container to use in a smoothie or in another recipe. Do not use the liquid in this recipe.
- With an electric mixer, mix the coconut fat until it resembles whipped cream.
- Add one cup of the whipped cream to your chilled lemon curd mixture and stir until well blended. Reserve whatever whipping cream remains for another use.
- Layer whipped lemon curd sauce with chopped strawberries.
Mmmm, doesn’t that sound so very good. I bet it would be tasty with blueberries or raspberries as well. So very good.