I love cooking and baking for the holidays. While our holiday meal main courses tend to remain pretty much the same I like to play around with appetizers and desserts. A while back I started making this goat cheese & fig appetizer and we love it. It’s incredibly easy to make (always a requirement) and since it’s made with goat’s milk Emma can enjoy it as well. We recently discovered that people who have trouble digesting cow’s milk do not have the same problem with goat’s milk (happy dance!), which means I’ll be making a lot more recipes that use goat’s milk.
This appetizer only takes 5 ingredients: Goat’s cheese, figs, bacon, honey, and crackers.
Find some pretty figs.
Cook the bacon until it is crispy and then chop into small pieces
Mix together the goat cheese, diced figs, and chopped bacon. Top your cracker or crostini with about 1 tsp of cheese mixture. Arrange on an oven safe plate and drizzle with honey.
Heat in a 325 degree F. oven for 5 minutes. Just long enough to warm up the cheese. You can also serve at room temperature.
After removing from oven, place a thin sliver of fig on the top of each cracker.
Want a chance to win a $1,000?? Do you have a favorite holiday recipe? Lucky for me & you She Speaks & Macy’s is hosting a recipe share contest where you can share your favorite holiday recipe for a chance to win $1,000.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Head to www.facebook.com/macys
2. Click the Recipe Share tab
3. Submit your recipe
4. Share the contest via Facebook and Twitter.
You’ll have until November 30th when the contest ends to show off your best holiday recipes so get cooking!
- 8 oz goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 figs, diced
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and diced
- Crackers or Crostini
- Gently combine goat cheese, figs and bacon.
- Top a cracker or crostini with 1 tsp on chesse mixture
- Arrange crackers/crostini on oven safe dish; drizzle with honey
- Bake at 325 degrees F for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top each cracker with a sliver of fig.
disclaimer: this is a sponsored post by She Speaks.