I am a big fan of easy to make, yet delicious, appetizers for the holidays. I figure the holidays are already busy enough, I don’t need to spend more time in the kitchen than absolutely necessary. Luckily, Bays English Muffins is helping me out this year by sponsoring this post and asking me to create a fun, yet easy, recipe.
Note: Weight Watchers Friends—these are ONE POINT per triangle!!!
Usually, English muffins are considered a breakfast food but I’m busting that theory and taking Bays to my next holiday party with these two great recipes: fig & bacon bites and a stunning, anyone can make it, antipasti board. Make one or make them both and wow your family and friends.
We’ve used Bays English muffins for so many things besides a breakfast food. Here are a few of our quick and easy snacks:
- Toast English muffin, spread with homemade apple butter and top with aged white cheddar cheese
- Tear English muffin into small pieces, season and toast them for a tasty salad crouton or crunchy snack
- Cut English muffin into strips, top with mozzarella cheese, bake until cheese melts. Serve with pizza sauce for an easy pizza dipper snack.
But, more importantly, Bays English Muffins makes great holiday appetizers!
First, swing by the store and pick up what you need (see ingredient list below). You’ll find Bays English Muffins in the dairy case where they are chilled for freshness. That is one of the things that we absolutely love about Bays. Their English muffins are always so soft, fresh and taste like they are right out of the oven.
Fig Jam, Bacon & Goat Cheese Bites Ingredients
- 3-4 Tablespoons fig jam
- 5 slices center cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- ⅛ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Bays English muffins
Fig Jam, Bacon & Goat Cheese Bites Directions
- Pop the Bays English Muffin into the toaster, toast until slightly crispy
- Remove from toaster, cut each half into quarters so you have 8 little triangles.
- Top each triangle with a smear of fig jam, a pinch or two of crumbled bacon and goat cheese.
- Serves 2-4.
Now, if you’re crunched for time you can whip these bites up in a few minutes and be on your way out the door. However, if you want to take your party appetizer up a notch, follow the steps below to create a jaw-dropping Antipasti Board.
Antipasti Board Ingredients
- 2-3 Bays English Muffins, toasted, cut into quarters
- Fruit: grapes, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi
- Cheese selection: mini mozzarella balls, mini Brie wedges, aged white cheddar
- Lavender flavored almonds
- Fig jam, bacon, and goat cheese bites
- Selection of salamis and prosciutto
- Apple butter and fig jam
Antipasti Board Directions
- Arrange ingredients on a marble or wood platter of choice. Add parsley and fresh herbs as desired.
- Serves 6-8
Be sure to follow Bays English Muffins on Facebook for more delicious and easy recipes.
Pin Fig & Bacon Bites to Pinterest
PIN THESE FIG BACON BITES TO YOUR WEIGHT WATCHERS PINTERST BOARD
How I calculated the points: