These delicious, chewy coconut macaroons are a quick and easy treat you can enjoy anytime. Pop these in the oven while getting ready for work or in the evening before bed. I like to do my baking during the cooler hours of summer which, for me, usually means pretty early or late in the day.
Invite your friends over and enjoy these with a cup of coffee or, if its really hot outside, iced coffee. They offer just the right amount of sweet thanks to using honey in this recipe.
Side fun note….we just installed our first hive of bees so I might be able to make these with my own honey this fall. How exciting is that?!??! I’ve been sharing my bee adventures on my IG stories so bee sure to follow me over there.
5-Ingredient Chewy Coconut Macaroons Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes 8-10 macaroons
Chewy Coconut Macaroons Ingredients
2 large egg whites
3 T. honey
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1 c. shredded coconut, unsweetened
¼ t. salt
Chewy Coconut Macaroons Directions
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking sheet and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, briskly beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the honey, vanilla, coconut, and salt into the egg whites with a spatula until thoroughly combined. Do not overwork, but it may require a few folds for the ingredients to start to incorporate with one another.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving plenty of space in between to prevent overcrowding.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and bake until the cookies become golden brown on top and around the edges, around 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!