Tired of paying for granola at the store. I mean, the good stuff can be $8 and up. That gets painful to pay again and again. Instead, you can make your own granola by following this blueberry almond granola recipe.
The ingredient list may look a little intimidating, but my guess is that most of these items will already be in the pantry. Our pantry has been pretty limited lately, but we still had most everything we needed.
Dried dates and fresh blueberries were about the only thing we lacked. I love it when I can create recipes from items I already have at home.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Blueberry Almond Granola Recipe Ingredients
3 T. unsalted butter, melted
3 T. pure maple syrup
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1¼ c. rolled oats
¼ c. slivered almonds
¼ c. sunflower seeds
¼ c. dried dates, pitted and chopped
1 t. ground cinnamon
¼ t. salt
1¼ c. fresh blueberries, divided
Greek yogurt, to serve
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.
Blueberry Almond Granola Recipe Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until combined. Add the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, dates, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until the dry ingredients are lightly coated in the butter mixture.
- Gently fold in one cup blueberries, and then transfer the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread the granola into a thin, uniform layer.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and give the granola a good stir. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes before stirring again. If necessary, return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the oats are golden brown. Do not overcook or the granola may become bitter.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. The granola will become nice and crispy as it cools. Once cooled, serve with Greek yogurt and the remaining fresh blueberries.