I love, love, love Pinterest. I guess you could say I’m slightly addicted to it. There are so many great recipes, crafts and inspirational ideas on there. I came across a recipe for Creamy Mac & Cheese and decided to try it for myself. I’m always interested in finding easier ways to do things.
You can click on the link above to go to the original recipe, but I’ll share with you here how I made this. By the way, this only takes one pan. That’s it. Easy to make and easy to clean up.
~1 cup milk; have additional milk available as noodles all have a different cooking time and you may need more.
~1 cup elbow noodles
~healthy dash of nutmeg
~1 cup grated cheese (I actually used Sargento Ultra Thin Colby Jack cheese)
1. In medium pan, add milk, macaroni, nutmeg and a dash of salt.
2. Using medium heat, slowly bring milk to a simmer. Stir the macaroni constantly. DO NOT walk away from the stove to do something else. You need to keep mixing the milk and noodles to make sure the noodles don’t stick together.
3. Once the milk is brought to a simmer, reduce your heat to low. Macaroni will slowly absorb the milk.
4. Cook until the milk is fully absorbed. Check noodles for doneness. If it needs to cook a little longer add about a 1/8 cup of milk and cook until fully absorbed. You may need to do this a couple times until the noodles are completely done.
5. When noodles are done and milk is completely evaporated add 1 cup of shredded cheese. You can use any variety of cheese you’d like. The more flavorful the better.
6. Turn off heat, place lid on top and let sit for 5 minutes.
7. After 5 minutes, take a taste, add salt & pepper.
Serve Immediately. Enjoy 😉