During the busy season its a nice change of pace to offer a coffee break for friends. It gives everyone a nice break from the hustle and bustle and allows you to catch up with one another.
Keeping a get together simple during this time of year is so important. This is a time to kick back and relax with friends and not worry about minor details
Here are 5 helpful tips for hosting a coffee break for friends during the holidays.
1. Serve great coffee. This, of course, is the most important tip when hosting a coffee break. A good coffee maker is vital as well as the brand of coffee. Splurge a little and buy good coffee. Grocery stores usually carry a nice selection of gourmet coffee as well.
2. Provide pretty beverage napkins. I am always looking for and buying pretty napkins. In my opinion, its nice to offer your guests pretty napkins instead of a boring white square to go with their coffee and cookies.
3. Offer an activity. I think its the multi-tasker in moms that we visit and do something else. Usually its something easy like making chocolate dipped pretzels or chocolate dipped spoons for holiday gifts. When your guests leave they’ll have gifts made and ready to share with co-workers, teachers, bus drivers, etc.
4. Offer a selection of Christmas cookies. Bake some cookies the day before you host or just buy them at them at your store bakery. If I have time I’ll bake them, but that isn’t always the case and I’ve been known to serve store bought cookies.
5. Keep things festive by playing your favorite holiday music. This is the only month I play Christmas music so I try to get as much use out of them as possible.