I love this turkey taco salad and even though it comes in at 8 points per serving its so very good. The points can be reduced, if needed, by making a few alterations. You could take out the avocados, use less olive oil, or skip the tortilla strips.
That’s what I love about these Weight Watchers turkey recipes. They can all be adjusted according to what points you have available.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
WW Blue Points: 8
Hearty Turkey Taco Salad Ingredients
3-4 cloves garlic, minced – 0 points
1 lbs. extra lean ground turkey – 0 points
2 t. ground cumin – 0 points
1 t. smoked paprika – 0 points
½ t. chili powder – 0 points
1½ t. chipotle powder, divided – 0 points
½ t. onion powder – 0 points
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste – 0 points
4 large gluten-free corn tortillas, cut into thin strips – 6 points
2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided – 12 points
1 c. black beans, drained and rinsed – 0 points
½ head iceberg lettuce, finely chopped – 0 points
1 large ripe avocado, chopped – 14 points
2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered – 0 points
½ small red onion, diced small – 0 points
1 c. frozen sweet corn, warmed – 0 points
2 T. fresh lime juice – 0 points
¾ c. cheddar cheese, 50% reduced-fat, finely shredded – 3 points
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and ground beef and season with ground cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, one teaspoon chipotle powder, and onion powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned, approximately 8-10 minutes. Break up the beef with a spatula into small chunks while it cooks.
- While the beef is browning, arrange the tortilla strips on the prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with one tablespoon olive oil. Place in the oven until slightly crispy, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Stir the black beans into the skillet with the beef until thoroughly coated with the seasonings. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from skillet and set aside.
- Combine the lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and corn in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with remaining olive oil, chipotle powder, and fresh lime juice. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- To serve, transfer salad to a decorative serving platter and top with the seasoned beef and black beans, Mexican cheese, and crispy tortilla strips, if desired. Enjoy!
Pin To Pinterest