Fall means an abundance of produce in the garden and/or at your local farmer’s market. I love seeing all the squash, root vegetables, onions, tomatoes, beans and more. Really, this is the best time of year to prepare meals because everything is so fresh and readily available. After your visit to your garden or market make an extra large batch of these oven roasted veggies. They taste great as left overs or extras can be made into a creamy vegetable soup.
OVEN ROASTED VEGGIES RECIPE
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 large red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4-6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium summer squash, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash veggies and chop into bite size pieces.
- Place all the veggies into a 9×13 pan
- Drizzle with olive oil and add herbs of choice (I use an italian seasoning blend).
- In a large bowl toss together vegeatables, olive oil, Italian seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Mix well until all the veggies are coated in oil and seasoning.
- Pour vegetables onto a baking tray into a single layer.
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Cook at 375 degrees until veggies are tender, usually 25-35 minutes.
The great thing about this oven roasted veggie recipe is that it is so flexible and I change it up by what is either on sale that week or what looks good at the market. I have added mushrooms, beets, and summer squash as well. Serve as a stand alone meal or add a side of chicken or fish.
When I make a big tray of oven roasted veggies I always hope it will last a 3-4 days, but it’s so good it’s usually gone in 2. Leftovers get tossed into omelets, eaten for lunch, or made into soup.
I'm not much of a veggie person, but after being on Nutrisystem for a couple weeks, I am learning to like them. I will definitely have to try this preparation!
Tired Mom TÃ©sa says
These look delicious!
Yum! Those veggies look great! Thanks for Celebrating Autumn with us!
I love how colorful it looks. I'm a veggie FIEND so I will definately try this (after we get back home!).
Momma Fargo says
Oh, I am on this like stink on skunk. Thanks! Sounds and looks like divine yumminess.