This post and its photos may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Some people love bucket lists and others hate them. I, personally, am a fan of the bucket list. It helps me set goals and reminds me of where I want go and things I want to experience. Of course, my list is always changing. It’s more of a fluid bucket list. I change my mind and take some places and experience off the list while adding others. However, I think there are at least 5 bucket list experiences that should be on everyone’s list. I say at least 5 because I know as soon as I hit publish I’ll think of at least one more that I should have included.
BUCKET LIST EXPERIENCES
1. Work Overseas: I really wish I would have taken a giant leap of faith when I was younger and worked in Britain or Europe. I think it would have made for some fabulous stories and memories later in life. I think there is still time regardless of age. CLICK HERE to read how to obtain a UK Work Permit and start making plans to check this off the bucket list. I know this is one item I want to work on soon!
2. See Africa’s Big 5: This needs to move way up my list before the big 5 become the big 4 due to the poaching of rhinoceroses. Currently the big 5 include the African lion, African elephant, Cape buffalo, African leopard, and White/Black rhinoceros. I need to set a deadline for this bucket list experience. Maybe the good people at South African Tourism office would kindly extend me an invitation to visit their country. (Putting it out in the Universe!)
3. Slow Travel/Cultural Immersion: As Americans we tend to pack as much as possible into every minute. We are working 50+ hours a week and it seems like we are on our cell phones all the time. Make a point, for at least a month, at some time in your life to set aside time for slow travel in a foreign country and some serious cultural immersion. Slow as in staying in the same town or city for a least two weeks. Get to know the local baker and coffee shop owner. Spend time just enjoying the moment without the assistance of social media or work demands. It’s amazing how refreshed you’ll feel afterwards.
4. Visit 3 Continents: Your own Continent doesn’t count, so if you’re from North America that leaves you South America, Antarctica, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Australia to choose from. I only have one more Continent to go before checking this one off my list. I’ve been to Europe and Asia. Any guess which one will be next? Hint, see item #2 🙂
5. Do Something To Change The World: It can be a little thing or a big thing, but we should all strive to do something that leaves a positive impact on the world around us. I try to do little things on a regular basis. Donate your time and or money to improve the world we live in. It doesn’t have to be something huge, although if it is that is great, but just do something. You’ll feel better knowing you made a difference.
What experiences do you have on your bucket list?