This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cricut for Cricut. All opinions are 100% mine.
The Cricut Joy has been, well, a joy to use. I love its compact size and the smart products that don’t require a mat to cut. I found some creativity and am sharing these fun and easy Cricut Joy ideas for tea towels, wine glasses, and coffee mugs.
Making tea towels with the Cricut Joy is quick and easy. I created a number of tea towels to put in gift baskets for friends and strangers for a local knock and wine group.
Not familiar with knock and wine? A group is usually started on Facebook, locals join, chat, and interact with each other. Gift baskets are put together and delivered to people from the group.
This weekend I delivered 12 baskets to women around town most of whom I’ve never met.
It was awesome fun and most of them received a personalized tea towel and personalized wine glasses or coffee mugs in their basket.
The Save Water Drink Wine holographic tea towels were a huge success!
Watch the above video to see how I created these really cool tea towels.
DIY TEA TOWELS
Tea Towels Products Needed
Cricut Design Space
Tea Towels DIY Directions
- Open the Cricut design space and click New Project in the upper right-hand corner.
- To make the Save Water Drink Wine tea towels click on Images on the left then type Save Water Drink Wine in the search box.
- Click on the image and then click the insert image button in the lower right corner.
- Adjust the size of the cut by dragging the double arrow in the lower right corner of the image. When it’s adjusted to the size you want click Make It in the upper right corner.
- Select how you will load the materials.
- Be sure to click MIRROR ON for Iron On projects and then click continue.
- Load the Cricut Joy Smart Iron-On into the Cricut following the directions on the screen.
- Unload the Iron-On from the Cricut Joy and weed the material to prepare it for the tea towel.
- Set the EasyPress to 315 degrees
- Preheat the material for 10 seconds.
- Place the Iron-On on the tea towel and set the EasyPress for 30 seconds. Place on the iron-on, hit go, and apply gentle pressure.
- After 30 seconds, flip the material over and apply the EasyPress for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the material to cool and then carefully remove the plastic.
To make the wine glasses and/or coffee mugs use permanent vinyl to cut out a design using the steps listed above.
Watch the above video to see how I created personalized wine glasses and coffee mugs with the Cricut Joy.
Place the personalized items in gift baskets/bags, add some treats and wine or coffee and surprise friends and strangers alike.
Other Cricut Projects You Might Enjoy
Need more cricut ideas? Here's a few you might enjoy.
Cricut Explore Air: My New Best Crafting Friend
Why we love the Cricut Explore Air.
Cricut Ideas for the Air and Joy
A round up of ideas for both the Cricut Explore Air and the Cricut Joy
How To Make Your Own Cricut Gift Tags
Make your own Cricut gift tags.
How To Make Cards on the Cricut Joy
See how easy it is to make cards on the Cricut Joy.
Make DIYs Easier with the Cricut EasyPress 2
How the Cricut EasyPress 2 makes things so much easier.
Create DIY Quote Mugs With Cricut
How to make Quote Mugs with the Cricut
DIY Dogwarts Dog Bandana with the Cricut EasyPress Mini
Don't forget to make a bandana for Fido.
Pin DIY Cricut Joy Ideas