Cheesecake is one of my favorite treats and when I was given the challenge of using International Delight Light Iced Coffee in a recipe I knew I would make cheesecake. I made a few other desserts (I’ll be sharing an Iced Coffee pudding recipe soon…), but this is, hands down, my favorite dessert.
International Delight Light Iced Coffee is available at Walmart in the Dairy section. My store carries the Vanilla and Mocha flavor. The Vanilla is so smooth, creamy, and delicious and the light version only has 100 calories per serving….way less than most drinks from coffee shops. I love that drinking International Delight Light Iced Coffee saves me money AND calories.
This is the first cheesecake I’ve made that actually turned out perfect. The top didn’t crack and it didn’t weep. Sometimes cheesecake gets a moisture build up on the top as it cools. Neither one happened on this cake…I’m attributing it to the addition of the Light Iced Coffee. The Light Iced Coffee topping makes it even better. Oh, and it taste so incredibly good. This will now be my go to dessert to take to family and friends.
Here’s the round up of ingredients needed.
Smash up the graham crackers, add a little sugar and butter and then press into the pan. I used a pie pan because I don’t have the traditional spring form pan. You can use either one.
Start mixing up your ingredients. I used a hand blender, but really, anything that will really mix the items together will work: fork, spoon, stand mixer, etc.
Adding the International Delight Light Iced Coffee to the cheesecake mixture.
Pour into the pan and slide into the oven. Now, patiently wait for it to bake……
After you have pulled the cheesecake out of the oven, let it cool down and then place in your fridge for at least 6 hours. Before serving whip up this tasty sauce to serve on the cheesecake.
You’ll need International Delight Light Iced Coffee, heavy whipping cream and cornstarch.
Cut a slice of pie, drizzle some sauce over top and enjoy!!
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2-8oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon + 1½ teaspoons International Delight Vanilla Light Iced Coffee
- ½ cup sour cream
- FOR SAUCE
- 1 cup International Delight Vanilla Light Iced Coffee
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a smal bowl combine graham crackers, sugar, and butter. Mix until well blended. Press graham cracker mixture into pie pan or springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In medium bowl cream together cream cheese and sugar, add egg and blend.
- In a small bowl mix together cornstarch and International Delight Vanilla Light Iced Coffee until smooth. Add to cream cheese mixture and mix well. Fold in sour cream.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into cooled graham cracker crust and bake for 45-50 minutes. Do NOT overbake. The center should still jiggle a bit when you pull it out of the oven. Let it cool to room temp and then chill for a minimum of 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- SAUCE: In a small bowl mix together the heavy whipping cream and cornstarch. In a small sauce pan bring the International Delight Vanilla Light Iced Coffee to a boil -watch carefully and be sure not to burn the coffee. Add whipping cream and reduce heat to medium. Whisk until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, let cool and serve over cheesecake.
- Serves 6-8.